Nurturing a profitable long-term relationship:
For 25 years Beth represented a family that owned some 1,500
developable acres in West Phoenix. The complex estate plan included
two limited partnerships and a gifting program, as well as debt
needing to be renegotiated. Beth helped restructure the
partnerships and sell the property to a developer-resulting in one
of the largest real estate developments in Phoenix.
Helping a builder grow: Beth represented a
partnership that started by building one spec home in the early
1980s. But the client continued to expand and became a significant
homebuilder in Scottsdale and, later, in California and New Mexico,
with 17 different corporations and LLCs. Her extensive services
included business planning, estate planning, and succession
planning for the owner.
Get To Know Beth In Her Own Words
"I relate to large and small clients on a both a personal level
and on a business level. My clients know that their best interests
are my priority. My clients have confidence in my abilities. As a
result, I develop long-term relationships with them."
"I'm a problem solver by nature. I like the challenge, the
intellectual stimulation, and helping people solve their problems.
My practice area is technical and requires specialized skills,
which I have worked very hard over 26 years to develop. Every day
is a new challenge and a new learning experience."
- Board Certified Tax Specialist
- Certified Public Accountant
- Expertise in business and real estate transactions and tax
planning for businesses and their owners
- Represents clients from the start-up phase of their business to
growing to have multiple entities: lease negotiations and
documentation, complex transactions of like-kind exchanges, stock
sales, real estate development, and formation of numerous
- Clients include contractors and construction companies, real
estate developers, real estate companies, trucking companies,
physicians, and insurance agencies, many of whom she has
represented for more than 20 years
- TV commentator on business, tax planning, and estate planning
topics, including the use of family limited partnerships and
limited liability companies, gifting strategies and other effective
- Authored the article "Charitable Gift Planning," which appeared
in the October 1999 issue of Arizona Attorney
Professional and Civic Service
- Appointed to the Tax Law Advisory Commission for the Arizona
- Active member and past board member of AZCrew, the premier
Arizona association for female real estate professionals
- Member, Valley Estate Planners and Central Arizona Estate
- Member, Professional Advisory Committee to the Arizona
- Member, Professional Advisory Committee (PAC), Jewish Community
- Member, Board of Directors of The Wellness Community
- Central Phoenix Womens' Networking Group
- 2010 Top People to Know in Commercial Real Estate
Certified Specialist, Tax Law, AZ Board of Legal Specialization,
Certified Public Accountant, 1988
J.D., Arizona State University, 1981
B.S., University of Wisconsin, 1973
U.S. Tax Court.
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona.
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
Beth Cohn is rated AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell
3200 North Central Avenue
. Phoenix . Arizona