Defending a trustee against serious charges.
Lauren successfully defended a trustee against unjustified claims
of breach of duty and exploitation.
Using negotiation skills to avoid litigation.
Lauren deftly negotiated the settlement of a trust dispute,
avoiding the need for costly litigation.
Get To Know Lauren In Her Own Words
"As a probate and trust litigator, I listen to my clients and
try to understand the emotional elements of their cases. The
clients appreciate a sympathetic but honest ear. I try to maintain
sensititivty and confidentiality in matters that touch families,
trusts and estates."
- Experienced litigator, with emphasis on probate, trusts,
conservatorships and guardianships.
- Trained mediator for probate, trust and civil matters.
Advocate of mediation and other non-traditional dispute
- Judge Pro Tem, Probate Division, Superior Court, Maricopa
- Probate mediator, Superior Court, Maricopa County,
- Frequent speaker at CLE seminars and at other
Professional and Civic Service
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC),
- Arizona State Bar Probate and Trust Section - Executive Council
(2006 - Present), Chair (2008 - 2009)
- Maricopa County Bar Association Estate Planning, Probate &
Board Member (2005 -2007), Chair (2007)
- Valley Estate Planners, Member
- Professional Advisory Board, Jewish Community Foundation of
Greater Phoenix, Member
Education and Honors
J.D., University of Florida, 1981
B.A., Smith College, 1979
AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated (the
hightest rating available) by Martindale Hubbell
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Five Steps to Avoid and Minimize Probate and Trust Disputes
Lauren Garner is rated AV Preeminent from
3200 North Central Avenue . Phoenix . Arizona