Defending a trustee against serious charges. Lauren successfully defended a trustee against unjustified claims of breach of duty and exploitation.
Using negotiation skills to avoid litigation. Lauren deftly negotiated the settlement of a trust dispute, avoiding the need for costly litigation.
Get To Know Lauren In Her Own Words
"As a probate and trust litigator, I listen to my clients and try to understand the emotional elements of their cases. The clients appreciate a sympathetic but honest ear. I try to maintain sensititivty and confidentiality in matters that touch families, trusts and estates."
- Experienced litigator, with emphasis on probate, trusts, conservatorships and guardianships.
- Trained mediator for probate, trust and civil matters. Advocate of mediation and other non-traditional dispute resolution.
- Judge Pro Tem, Probate Division, Superior Court, Maricopa County.
- Probate mediator, Superior Court, Maricopa County, Arizona.
- Frequent speaker at CLE seminars and at other organizations.
Professional and Civic Service
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow
- Arizona State Bar Probate and Trust Section - Executive Council (2006 - Present), Chair (2008 - 2009)
- Maricopa County Bar Association Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Section,
Board Member (2005 -2007), Chair (2007)
- Valley Estate Planners, Member
- Professional Advisory Board, Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Phoenix, Member
Education and Honors
J.D., University of Florida, 1981
B.A., Smith College, 1979
AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated (the hightest rating available) by Martindale Hubbell
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Five Steps to Avoid and Minimize Probate and Trust Disputes
Lauren Garner is rated AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell
3200 North Central Avenue . Phoenix . Arizona