Providing individuals and small and medium sized
businesses with the highest quality legal services:
Renee's primary practice areas are commercial litigation and
commercial transactions, in addition to her work in real estate,
construction, business transactions, shareholder and
Get To Know Renee In Her Own Words
"I believe commercial lawyers should be seen as business tools.
That is, we are not simply hired guns or mouth pieces in a court
room, but we also serve as counselors, advisors and problem
solvers. I work with clients to realistically analyze what they
need to accomplish from the transactional and litigation process
rather than obtaining an abstract notion of justice."
"In regard to arbitration and mediation my concept is that many
matters can be resolved in a more efficient way by utilizing one or
more alternative dispute resolution strategies or techniques.
Through mediation, clients are able to create their own resolution
to a dispute, including a resolution that may not be an available
legal remedy should it go to court. For those cases in which the
parties require their day in court, arbitration can be a more
efficient, economical and less time consuming process.
Understanding when ADR is appropriate, what form of ADR and how to
provide for ADR in business agreement as well as how to navigate
the ADR processes are areas in which I can assist clients and other
attorneys at the firm."
Professional and Civic Service
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Panelist, AAA Roster of Commercial Neutrals
- 2012-2013 Committee Chair, State Bar of Arizona, Fee
- Member, Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- Executive Counsel, ADR Section of the State Bar of Arizona
- Member, ADR and Litigation Sections of the State Bar of
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Board Member, Actors Theatre of Phoenix
- Board Member, The Great Arizona Puppet Theatre
- Architectural Committee of the Clearwater Hills Improvement
J.D., Northeastern University School of
B.A., Barnard College of Columbia University, 1982 cum
U.S. District Court of Arizona, District of Arizona
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Renee Gerstman is rated AV Preeminent from
3200 North Central Avenue . Phoenix . Arizona